Leary & Partners Response to COVID-19
Leary & Partners is committed to ensuring that our response to the current COVID-19 pandemic is in the best interests of our staff, clients and the general community.
The Government is currently encouraging small businesses such as Leary & Partners to continue 'business as usual' for as long as possible, to protect the jobs of our staff.
However, we understand that many lot owners and building representatives may be uncertain about interacting with a building inspector at this time.
To ensure that lot owners and strata managers can proceed with confidence, we are issuing the following advice.
1. Our inspectors will follow appropriate safety and hygiene protocols
Leary & Partners continues to monitor and implement Government and Health Department advice as it is issued. We are also complying with individual safety protocols implemented by many of our clients (which include aged care centers and retirement villages). If you have relevant corporate safety protocols, please advise us.
2. We will avoid unnecessary personal engagement during inspections
It is not usually necessary for a lot owner or building representative to accompany us during a site inspection. We merely need a way to collect the required access keys.
- If no keys are required, we can notify you by telephone or email of the date and time we will be on site.
- We can collect and return keys via a key safe, letterbox or other appropriate collection point.
- We are happy to buzz the intercom for entry without meeting the site contact.
- We can phone when we arrive at the site and wait for the site contact to open the door and leave before we enter.
We won't be offended if you, facility managers or on-site managers put the keys on the reception desk and walk away while we sign the key register, etc.
For services such as capital works plans and sinking fund forecasts, we can telephone the caretaker or committee member to discuss the maintenance requirements before or after the inspection, instead of having an on-site meeting.
3. We will keep you informed if new safety measures impact the delivery of a service you have ordered
We anticipate that, in the near future, it may be necessary for us to stop carrying out all site inspections.
Most of our staff are transitioning to working from home. If a totally home-based workforce is required in the future, this could also impact the speed of our communication with you, including the provision of quotes.
If you have quotes or reports which must be prepared within the next two months, we strongly recommend that you contact us soon. We will make all reasonable efforts to provide reports where we can do so safely.
We appreciate your understanding and assistance as we work together to get through this challenging time.
David Leary CEO