NSW COUNCIL CONSTRUCTION COST ESTIMATES FOR DA APPROVAL
Do you need a registered quantity surveyor’s Cost Estimate to accompany your DA application?
If you lodge a development application (DA) in NSW, the council may require you to include a Registered Quantity Surveyor’s Detailed Cost Report.
Councils have the right, under section 94A of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, to charge developers a development contribution toward the provision of public infrastructure and facilities. The Section 94A levy is calculated using the estimated cost of the development works and paid as part of the DA process.
If the estimated cost of your development exceeds a limit specified by the Council (typically between $500,000 and $3,000,000), they will require a Registered Quantity Surveyor’s Detailed Cost Report to substantiate the construction cost. The cost estimate must comply with section 25J of the EPAA 1979 and be prepared by a quantity surveyor who is a member of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (or equivalent qualification). The council may also require the quantity surveyor’s report to follow a specific format.
Our quantity surveyors preparing Section 94A cost estimates are registered members of the AIQS and have extensive experience preparing construction estimates.
What does Leary & Partner’s Section 94A service include?
- Inspecting the plans which are the subject of the application for development consent;
- Preparing and attaching an estimate generally prepared in accordance with the Australian Cost Management Manuals from the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors;
- Calculating the development costs in accordance with the definition of development costs in clause 25J of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulations 2000 at current prices;
- Including GST in the calculation of development cost;
- Measuring Gross Floor Areas in accordance with the Method of Measurement of Building Areas in the AIQS Cost Management Manual Volume 1, Appendix A2.
All Leary & Partners estimate reports are accurately prepared and based on decades of practical experience and realistic cost data compiled in our extensive historic cost database.
How long does it take to receive Leary & Partner’s Section 94A report?
We understand the urgency regarding your DA lodgement.
From the time you place your order it can take as little as two working days.
What do we need to prepare your Section 94A report?
We will need to receive a PDF copy of the latest set of architectural plans and other documentation that accompanies your DA application. We will also require the name of the local council authority with whom you will be lodging the application.
To receive a firm quotation for your Section 94A Registered Quantity Surveyor’s Detailed Cost Report either call our toll free number 1800 808 991 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within one business day. Alternatively, use the button below to order a quote online.