SHARED FACILITY SERVICES
if you have a Building Management Statement (BMS) or Strata Management statement (SMS) for the management of shared facilities, our expert team can assist you with a shared facility review. Whether it is for a new or existing complex our service includes:
- Identification of the shared facilities,
- assessing which entities should be contributing,
- recommending a methodology to determine the equitable distribution of costs between the benefiting entities and calculation of shared facility percentages.
Leary and partners have assisted numerous strata managers and their clients where there is a BMS / SMS in place, in both Queensland and New South Wales. We have provided a range of services including tender facilitation, replacement valuations, sinking fund forecasts / capital works forecasts, Shared Facility Reviews and assistance with legal disputes. These schemes are numerous and include:
- Emporium: located in South Brisbane and comprising in excess of 200 lots plus a hotel.
- Woolloomooloo Finger Wharf: located in Woolloomooloo in Sydney and comprising a mixed- use development of approximately 300 lots including a hotel.
- Southport Central: located on the Gold Coast comprising a mixed-use of approximately 1100 lots.
- The Royal: located in Newcastle and comprising a mixed-use development of approximately 170 lots including a hotel.
- The Hamilton: located at Hamilton in Brisbane comprising approximately 270 lots.
- Regent Place: situated in Bathurst Street Sydney comprising approximately 530 lots
- Sundale: located on the Gold Coast comprising in excess of 400 residential units, a shopping centre, childcare centre and serviced departments.
- Jackson Landing: situated in Pyrmont in Sydney and comprising Knox, Stonecutter, Silk and Sugar Dock residential complexes.
- Trio: located in Camperdown in Sydney and comprising a mixed-use development with approximately 440 lots.
- In addition to Shared Facility Reviews (see above) our standard services take into consideration BMS / SMS documents in the following ways.
Replacement Valuations for BMS / SMS schemes
- Our standard replacement valuation reports for BMS / SMS schemes include a break-down showing sub-totals for each volumetric / stratum lot.
Sinking Fund / Capital Works Forecasts
- We provide reports that customise the shared facility items for each volumetric / stratum lot providing information to facilitate accurate and equitable allocation of levies.
Workplace Health and Safety Reports
- Each WHS report is individually customised to clearly categorise items within the appropriate volumetric / stratum lot.